WIYN T&E Planning
NOTE: Most of the pages linked below are ONLY accessible WITHIN THE NOAO NETWORK.
December 10-14, 2008 generic T&E
Contact: Heidi Schweiker
Attendees: Heidi Schweiker, Charles Corson, Derek Guenther, Wally Thurn, Behzad Abareshi, Dick Joyce, Doug Williams
- Maintenance on the primary active supports. Project led by Corson.
Plans for December 10 & 11:
- Removal, testing, maintenance and installation of 3-4 active support units.
- Testing/confirm operation of active supports on-sky. Lookup table build.
Plans for December 12-14:
- Continued work on Active supports (if necessary).
- Testing/confirm operation of active supports on-sky and lookup tables (if necessary).
November 9-13, 2008 WHIRC T&E
Contact: Margaret Meixner
Attendees: Margaret Meixner et al
Time was given to STScI in return for supplying WHIRC instrument. STScI to receive 4-6 nights/semester. No activities are planned that in
clude WIYN or KPNO personnel. Plans are to use this time for any remaining commissioning activities or acceptance data as well as for science.
October 20/21, 2008 OPTIC T&E
Contact: Steve Howell
Attendees: Steve Howell, Heidi Schweiker
Plans for October 20:
- Howell to test observations for January planetary group.
- Light curve observations,
- Service observing for a clouded-out fall program
- Performance monitoring. To include:
- Domeflats taken in all filters (for database)
- Series of biases (to check readnoise/gain)
- Series of domeflats for PTC data (to check readnoise/gain)
- Series of domeflats for shutter correction (if time allows)
- Standard star observations (for astrometry check, plate scale check, QE)
Plans for October 21:
- If all activities are completed on the 20th, the 21st will be turned over early to the observer.
Summary of 2008B T&E planning discussions.
Last modified: 01-Apr-2014 15:59:05 MST