- About WIYN
- Observing at WIYN
At the Telescope
- Internal Use
WIYN T&E PLANS 2013
Contact: Heidi Schweiker
Attendees: Heidi Schweiker, Charles Corson, Derek Guenther, Wally Thurn, Behzad Abareshi, Dick Joyce, Doug Williams
- Maintenance on the primary active supports. Project led by Corson.
- WHIRC/WTTM integration and paramaterization. See KPNO Wiki:
- Some science with WHIRC may also occur (Dick to arrange).
- Once parameterization of WHIRC is complete, training to occur with Doug and Dick. Led by Schweiker.
Plans for December 10 & 11:
- Removal, testing, maintenance and installation of 3-4 active support units.
- Testing/confirm operation of active supports on-sky. Lookup table build.
Plans for December 12-14:
- Continued work on Active supports (if necessary).
- Testing/confirm operation of active supports on-sky and lookup tables (if necessary).
- WTTM/WHIRC integration testing. Plans are detailed on the KPNO Wiki at: http://sinis.tuc.noao.edu/index.php/WIYN_WTTM_and_WHIRC_Integration
Contact: Margaret Meixner
Attendees: Margaret Meixner et al
Time was given to STScI in return for supplying WHIRC instrument. STScI to receive 4-6 nights/semester. No activities are planned that in clude WIYN or KPNO personnel. Plans are to use this time for any remaining commissioning activities or acceptance data as well as for science.
Contact: Steve Howell
Attendees: Steve Howell, Heidi Schweiker
Plans for October 20:
- Howell to test observations for January planetary group.
- Light curve observations,
- Service observing for a clouded-out fall program
- Performance monitoring. To include:
- Domeflats taken in all filters (for database)
- Series of biases (to check readnoise/gain)
- Series of domeflats for PTC data (to check readnoise/gain)
- Series of domeflats for shutter correction (if time allows)
- Standard star observations (for astrometry check, plate scale check, QE)
Plans for October 21:
- If all activities are completed on the 20th, the 21st will be turned over early to the observer.
Last modified: 23-Sep-2015 15:27:54 MST
- Observing at WIYN