T&E items for 08B (in priority)
- Bench - getting the Bench work completed is the highest priority item for this semester. As per the current schedule, all Bench activities will be done outside of T&E time. If the bench upgrade can not be completed during the October/November imaging block (daytime work) then it will have to be pushed into next semester. Margaret Meixner may give some time on sky to the bench team during the November STScI WHIRC block, if needed.
- Active Supports - maintenance work on the active supports is second priority. Time will be scheduled during the December T&E (3 days) to work on the active supports with Charles, Wally and possibly Derek.
- WHIRC acceptance - it is likely that all necessary data to determine whether WHIRC will meet acceptance criteria has been obtained during the September WHIRC Meixner run. If data is still needed to be collected for the purpose of acceptance time will be made available for this during the December T&E.
- WHIRC/WTTM integration - time will be made available during the December T&E/TBD nights to work on the WHIRC/WTTM integration - parameterization, characterization and training. Behzad and Heidi will work on making sure it works. Once proven to work Dick and Doug will be trained.
- Computer room mods - Charles will work with Jim Hutchinson and Bill McCollam to identify time during the December or January T&E blocks to work on reorganization of the computer room.
DEC T&E time includes Dec TBD nights following T&E (if Buell is amenable), Dec 10-14
- Will include daytime work by CC, DG, WT with some early evening on-sky verifications; nighttime work on WTTM/WHIRC integration by HS, BA with possible training for Dick and Doug; computer room modifications.
- Steve to check with Buell on use of TBD nights Dec 13/14.
JAN T&E time, Jan 6-8 (we will wait until after the December T&E to decide if we would like to also request the Jan TBD nights from Buell)
- Will include work on any of the Dec T&E items that are incomplete
T&E items for 09A (no priority)
- STScI nights in 09A - Suggested that STScI get only 4 T&E nights in 09A for WHIRC since they've already received 10 nights in 08A/08B.
- No OPTIC in 09A
- Summer Shutdown - Shutdown will last for 3 weeks centered on August 5. The main priorities for the shutdown are (1) primary mirror aluminization (2) ODI ISP checkout, (3) transition to operations and finishing work on the active supports. Dependent on planning for shutdown there may be secondary items that are planned concurrently.
- NO Bench call for T&E time in 09A (unless bench upgrade is not completed in 08B)
- QuOTA may request a small amount of T&E time. WIYN might support requests from WIY folks to do 1 to 2 short QuOTA runs.
- WHIRC may request a small amount of time to finish WTTM work
- Active support maintenance will be completed (if not completed in 08B)
- Will schedule 2-3 night allocations each month
- "checkout" nights - decided that these will not be identified on the calendar. We will take time at the beginning of runs or blocks (1-2 hours) to take any on-sky data. The plan will be recommended to the SAC and, if approved, initiated in 09A. Heidi is to identify nights throughout 08B & 09A (when 09A schedule is published) when we could begin to impose ourselves on the observers (e.g. beginning of Jacoby run in October).